1. The House of Lords invoked article 67 and effectively made the possession and distribution of memes illegal.
2. Wait, Europe is ACTUALLY Banning Memes?
Thanks for watching!
If you like this video, please share it with your friends:
4. Jun 08, 2018 · The EU could be about to ban memes and ‘destroy the internet’ Jasper Hamill Friday 8 Jun 2018 2:05 pm Share this article via facebook Share this article via twitter Share this article via.
5. For the uninitiated, a meme is a piece of cultural content in the form of an image, video, phrase or other that is spread via the Internet and often modified for humour purposes.
6. Meme Center
7. Android Authority
8. Know Your Meme
9. The legislative body of the European Union on Thursday voted against a law that would have significantly reformed copyright rules on the internet, Politico reported.
10. Know Your Meme
12. On June 20th, the European Parliament Committee on Legal Affairs voted yes to on articles 11 and 13 of the referendum.
13. Mar 26, 2019 · EU passes ‘meme ban’ copyright rules that could change the way the internet works Tech companies have vociferously argued against the regulations, which ….
14. The European Union (EU) is pressing ahead with efforts to ban online memes under new digital copyright laws, with the controversial rules – Article 11 and Article ….
16. Jun 08, 2018 · New European copyright laws could outlaw memes on the internet, campaigners have claimed.
18. The Daily Dot
19. Know Your Meme
20. Mashable SEA
21. Sep 12, 2018 · The EU has voted to adopt a controversial law which could ban memes and censor the internet.
23. Against Crony Capitalism
24. What’s really behind the EU law that would “ban memes” – and how to stop it before June 20 With two weeks to go until the crucial vote in the European Parliament, more and more people are becoming aware of the looming plans for “ censorship machines ” and a “ link tax ” ….
25. Lincoln High School Statesman
26. The Daily Beast
27. Mar 26, 2019 · The new rules, including the controversial Article 13, will hold tech firms responsible for material posted without copyright permission.
28. Jun 27, 2018 · On June 26th, 2018, Redditor KarmaCollider submitted the EU flag to /r/dankmemes in a post titled “Make the EU flag a meme so it’s banned in the EU” to /r/dankmemes, where it gathered upwards of 63,300 points (88% upvoted) and 730 comments within the first 24 hours.
29. This is just the latest anti-tech anti-consumer attack from the EU after they ludicrously fined Google billions of Euro’s earlier this year, and the year before.
30. MEPs have approved Articles 11 and 13, which means that all technology platforms must check that anything people share does not violate copyright infringement.
32. Steam Community