1. The Power of Big Brother and the Party “On each landing, opposite the lift-shaft, the poster with the enormous face gazed from the wall.
2. George Orwell: 1984, Quotes, Biography, Books, Early Life, Facts, History, Writing Style (2001)
Thanks for watching!
If you like this video, please share it with your friends:
3. It reflects his belief that Party members, even rebellious ones, will never be able to overthrow the Party from within, but that such sweeping action would only be possible by the much more numerous, but brutally poor social group made up of the proletarians, or “proles” in the language of the novel.
4. In 1980, there were Cold War boycotts in Moscow and again in 1984 during Los Angeles Games.
5. Slogans in 1984: Meaning & Analysis ‘War is Peace’ Slogan in 1984: Meaning & Analysis.
6. Pera M zesi Blog
7. Pan Macmillan
9. So long as they were actually in this room, they both felt, no harm could come to them.
10. ART marketing
11. On the sixth day of Hate Week, it became public knowledge that Oceania was at war with Eastasia, not Eurasia.
12. It was an enormous pyramidal structure of glittering white concrete, soaring up, terrace after terrace, 300 metres into the air.
13. Liberty Tree
14. These words appear on posters all over Oceania, and they mean that government surveillance is everywhere.
16. Inspiring Alley
17. All That s Interesting
18. Writer s Digest
20. Look at the bottom of the page to identify which edition of 1984 by George Orwell they are referring to.
21. Famous Quotes Sayings
22. Times of India
24. Books on the Wall
25. Book quotes
27. The Hidden Dominion
28. Famous Quotes
29. Quotes Movies
30. For each quote, you can also see the other characters and themes related to it (each theme is indicated by its own dot and icon, like this one: ).
31. In the same book that shares doublethink, Big Brother, and 2 + 2 = 5, 1984 provides plenty of quotable moments.
32. Essays on george orwell 1984 is a novel about totalitarianism and the fate of a single man who tried to escape from an overwhelming political regime.
33. Quote Pictures